Restricted Substance List V4.0
Download the Boardriders Restricted Substance list: Click here.
Boardriders, Inc. (including its affiliated companies and brands) is committed to doing business in an ethical and socially and environmentally responsible manner to ensure that all of the products sold by its brands are safe for consumers, compliant with all applicable chemical regulations, restrictions and guidelines, are manufactured in environments safe and secure for workers, and are environmentally friendly. Boardriders strives to work with supply chain partners (including vendors, suppliers and factories (“Suppliers”) committed to these principles. To support these objectives, Boardriders maintains a Restricted Substance List (“RSL”) specific to its products, which is set forth herein. Boardriders expects the products it purchases from Suppliers to meet global standards for Restricted Substances.
Boardriders also expects its Suppliers to make the following commitments:
· Implement chemical management processes in accordance with this RSL
· Ensure that the factories used have adopted and fully implemented a chemical management policy
· Ensure that all materials, components and finished products are in full compliance with the global restricted substances requirements where the products will be sold
· Map the sources of all materials and components in products for full visibility
· Obtain most recent test reports, certifications and/or chemical safety data sheets from material suppliers
· Test high risk materials
· Avoid high risk materials whenever possible
· Reformulate or replace materials not in compliance Boardriders does not expect Suppliers to test every material, but rather considers material risk, sources from trusted partners, and tests as needed to ensure full compliance with this RSL.
Boardriders tests to the strictest global regulations. This document supersedes and replaces all previous versions with regards to the specific contents herein. This document will be updated from time to time by Boardriders in its discretion to ensure adherence to emerging and evolving regulations and standards. Boardriders’ regional offices will, from time to time, randomly select products for testing to ensure compliance with one or more of the specific chemical requirements stated in this RSL. All Suppliers must use only Boardriders nominated third party testing labs. In addition, all sample materials submitted for testing must be a true representation of the materials that will be used during production. Passing test results will be accepted by Boardriders, in its sole discretion, for a period of one year from the test date, unless otherwise stated. Boardriders reserves the right to request additional testing at any time on any material. For products shipped to China for the China market, Suppliers must ensure full compliance with the performance mandatory requirements as stated in the China National GB Standards, including GB 18401, GB 20400, GB 21550, GB 31701, GB/T 22849 (knit t-shirts), as well as all other applicable standards. Boardriders thanks you for your continued partnership and full cooperation in ensuring that all Boardriders Products are fully compliant as outlined in this RSL.
* Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) are defined in article 57 of the Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 and include substances which are CMR1, CMR 2, PBT or vPvB or identified. Check the updated list at ECHA website: http://echa.europa.eu/web/guest/candidate-list-table
You can find the Chemical Compliance list on this document: View the list here.